2017 Ironman Canada Ultimate Camp
WHISTLER BC MAY 20 - 21, 2017
Ironman Canada Ultimate Camp
Whistler, BC, May 20 -21, 2017
Prepare for your best IRONMAN or IRONMAN 70.3 ever
Race specific training and seminars!
- Experience an open water swim in Alta Lake which includes starts, sighting, pace efforts and drafting techniques.
- Ride portions of the bike course to experience and learn how to tackle the mountain terrain.
- Includes a lap of the run course with feedback and guidance that will be invaluable to your preparation!
- Learn nutrition and pacing strategies for long distance racing, as well as proper race day equipment selection.
- Receive plenty of swag from our partners: Ironman, Fusion, AquaSphere, Skechers and PowerBar
In partnership with Ironman and The Fairmont Whistler Hotel, LifeSport race specific training camps provide an excellent opportunity to learn the particulars of the IRONMAN Canada venue. Attendees will gain firsthand experience how to best handle the challenging bike course and navigate the turns of the run. On top of this, expert coaches will share tips on race nutrition as well as pacing the bike and run.
Camp Schedule (Tentative)
Saturday, May 20th, 2017
- 8:00am – 8:30am: Meet and Greet - TBD
- 8:30am – 9:30am: Lecture: Ironman Nutrition
- 10:00am – 1:00pm: Bike Southern portion of Ironman course (60km – weather dependent)
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm: Run on Ironman Canada Course (21.1km)
- 4:00pm - 5:30pm: Training: Swim on Ironman Canada Course
- 7:00pm Group Social Dinner (optional) - TBD
Sunday, May 21st
- 9:00am - 10:00am: Lecture: Ironman Pacing
- 10:30am - 3:30pm: Training: Bike Northern portion of Ironman Canada Course (100-120km – weather dependent)
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm: Lecture: Wrap Up, How coaching Works Coaches Q & A
*Camp fees include training support, coaching, facilities, camp souvenirs, and training nutrition.
Travel, meals, and accommodation are not included.
All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Camps are open to triathletes of all abilities.
Message from previous participant:
I have been at this for a while and just wanted to let you know that this was the very best race specific camp I have ever attended (and there have been many over the years.)
I really hope that the participants who are new to triathlon & Ironman realize just how good – timely & relevant – the information you provided was. If I am able to get back to IM racing, I’d sign up with Life sport in a heartbeat!
Thanks so much, TD