2017 Ironman Canada Ultimate Camp
WHISTLER BC MAY 20 - 21, 2017
Race specific training and seminars!
- Experience an open water swim in Alta Lake which includes starts, sighting, pace efforts and drafting techniques.
- Ride portions of the bike course to experience and learn how to tackle the mountain terrain.
- Includes a lap of the run course with feedback and guidance that will be invaluable to your
- Learn nutrition and pacing strategies for long distance racing, as well as proper race day equipment selection.
- Receive plenty of swag from our partners: Ironman, Fusion, AquaSphere, Skechers and PowerBar
Camp Schedule (Subject to change**)
Saturday, May 20th
- 8:00am – 8:30am: Meet and Greet - Fairmont Ballroom
- 8:30am – 9:30am: Lecture: Ironman Nutrition - Fairmont Ballroom
- 10:30am – 2:30pm: Training: Bike Northern portion of Ironman course (70-100km – weather dependent - 3.5 hours max)
- 2:30pm - 3:00pm: Training: Brick - Skechers Test Run - Leave from Fairmont Hotel
4:00pm - 5:30pm: Training: Swim on Ironman Canada Course - Rainbow Park
- 7:00pm Group Social Dinner (optional) - TBD
Sunday, May 21st
- 9:00am – 10:00am: Meet and Greet - Fairmont Ballroom
- 10:00am – 1:00pm: Training: Bike Northern portion of Ironman course (70-100km –weather dependent - 3.5 hours max)
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm: Training: Run Ironman Canada Course (21.1km) - Leave from Fairmont Hotel
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm: Lecture: Wrap Up, How coaching works, Coaches Q & A - Fairmont Ballroom
**The weather in the mountains is highly varibiably - for the safety of particpants and time constraints, the schedule is subject to change.
- Camp fees include training support, coaching, facilities, camp souvenirs, and training nutrition.
- Travel, meals, and accommodation are not included.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Camps are open to triathletes of all abilities.
Message from previous participant:
I have been at this for a while and just wanted to let you know that this was the very best race specific camp I have ever attended (and there have been many over the years.)
I really hope that the participants who are new to triathlon & Ironman realize just how good – timely & relevant – the information you provided was. If I am able to get back to IM racing, I’d sign up with Life sport in a heartbeat!
Thanks so much, TD